Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Leveling Guide - Horde profession choices

Hello World, when I woke up today, I was surprised you are still there... Anyhow, continuing my explorations in the realms of World of Warcraft and leveling my horde character, I came to the tough choices - which professions should I pick?

Well, I always hated alchemy, tho I know its a good money maker, but I hardly can imagine myself picking all those daisies, fel-daisies and frozen-daisies... *shrug*. Tho, in theory, I understand that "there is no spoon" - I mean, literally, its just a pixel on a screen, but my brain can see it and make sub-conscious choices - like/dislike. Fascinating isn't it? Anyway, I went with one of my all-time favorites - engineering and, of course, mining. Why? First of all, leveling engineering is not that hard for as long as you know where to dig your ore. Secondly, its lots of fun - you get to make all those funky trinkets and devices and use all sorts of interesting things AND you get to use very early a lot of epic items that no other classes can use - item level 200 at lvl 74? not bad, not bad at all! Self-made trinkets - cool! And last, but not least - high level engineers DO make a lot of monnies, if they are smart (and they usually are! *grin*). Where do you think all those players got their Choopas? Thats a fruit of a labor of some very hard working and high level engineer! Think, if you are lucky, you can make at least 2k (yes, 2000 gold) in profit from selling one. Tho, as usual, mats for such a lovely thing are PITA (pain in the you know where) to get and some are just plain VERY expensive and you can only buy them.

But making choopas aint the only way to get your monnies up with high level engineer! There is Moooore. Yes, I feel a little cow-ish today, after spending time running in cataclyzmed Azeroth. If I remember correctly, since the introduction of TBC (The Burning Crusade) and Outlands, as an engineer you can get one VERY nifty device - Zaptech (or something) mote extractor - well, that one is a literal gold making machine. Depending on a realm, you can easily make about thousand per hour ALONG side when you are mining your saronite and titanium deposits! I am dead serious! It used to be more, before b-Lizzard decided that hunters have invented "perpettum mobile" and require no more ammunition for their bows/rifles. Putting all those epic bullets into auction house in the eve of a weekly raid reset and just pre-weekend was extremely profitable. Blizzard, seriously, you are robbing engineers of their fruits of hard and tough labor never-mind all the primordial saronite spent to get that recipe - where is my refund? It aint fair!!!! And I'm bit mad about it.

So, since I feel it would be very funky to become leatherworker as a heavy armor wearing class and I sorta already have a top end jewelcrafter along with top end blacksmith, I went with engineering. And YAY! I got my first helm (cloth thought, but still!) in appearance of a funky glasses at level 18! Neat huh?

I have to explain a little bit here about the way I'm leveling my horde character. I do follow an old favorite of mine leveling guide for horde, but thats not the only thing I'm doing. I don't rush the levels, I do enjoy spending my morning "paper reading" time and mine a node or two. I know it will be a major PITA (pain you know where) doing it all later on and, in fact, will take about same amount of time. Anyhow, I try to level my professions along side as I level my horde.

I hope you have found this entry in my leveling guide to horde if not entirely usefull, a bit amusing and hope it made you smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment