Monday, January 24, 2011

Leveling Guide Horde - I would like to be EVIL please

I have been reading a very good article on Horde Leveling Guide about empty and obsolete WoW instances and it got me thinking about one more thing - its the character alignment, achievements and titles in World Of Warcraft. Being a crude Orc at heart, I was always puzzled about one question - How come I cannot become an "evil" character?

I will start with the fact that, since the achievements ant titles were introduced in the World Of Warcraft, I always wanted to have a title that states something like "Dragthar The Mean" or "Dragthar the Betrayer of Undercity" or "Dragthar the Saboteur" and so on - well, you got my idea. Nada, not possible, instead I have to stick to "Dragthar the Champion of the Frozen wastes".

I think, if Blizzard were to implement either a few questlines started by some shady character (goblin comes to mind, would fit the role perfectly!) where you could actually, at the price of reputation, do some harm and get the new titles - would be very fun. PvP encounters also come to mind - those could be cool places where you can implement a lot of new tricks and twists and get a new "evil" titles.

So, while leveling and playing endgame is fun, you inevitably become a "good guy" - even if you start as a Horde. While in the "game lore" there are many great stories of arrogance, betrayal and other shady business, Blizzard neglected to provide this fun part in the World Of Warcraft. I mean, I bet I would not be the only one who, when bored out of scull by everything else, has an option to "become a bad guy and stab someone in the back". Of course, providing the possible "redemption and becoming good again" would be prudent if nothing else.
In my opinion, this could be great revival force for an actual Role Playing which is diminishing at the speed of new games being presented to 10 year olds as Christmas presents.

While many will disagree with me on this one, I would still like to have an option to become a "lawful evil" character. I hope you had fun reading this article on Leveling Guide Horde prepared by "Dragthar the Philosopher".

No comments:

Post a Comment